Val — Backless Maxi Dress Pattern
The Val pattern is a stunning scoop-shaped open-back maxi dress with two adjustable ties and flattering princess seams. By following the curves of your body, these seams elongate your silhouette and create a figure slimming effect. We've added two front slits for a touch of sexy and ease of movement.
The secret to sewing princess seams that lie perfectly flat is to carefully transfer your notches, perfectly match them and clip along the curves after they are stitched together.
For our sample US size 6 pictured in this tutorial we used 3 yards of FS Luxury Yarn Dyed Medium Weight Linen. Any medium weight linen will suit this project.
What you get with your pattern:
- Free PDF download for our registered customers.
- Print-at-home format on Letter/A4 paper.
- Layered PDF to print just the sizes you want.
- Most patterns available graded in size 0/2 to 28/30.
- Step-by-step instructions on The Thread blog.
- No licensing restrictions. Sew as many as you like for yourself, your family, even your sewing business.
RETURNS & PRINTING INFO
We're proud to share our patterns without licensing restrictions. You may use our patterns to sew for personal use or for your business. For paid digital patterns, we do not offer returns. Please make sure to ask any questions you may have before purchasing a digital pattern.
Please contact us by following the link below.SUBMIT A REQUEST
1 866 620 2008
Call us Monday through Friday 10 am - 6 pm PST